Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break

I know it has been awhile I just dont quite know what to write and I don't really have the time to do this as well.

This is our group shortly after we got out there. We went to In' N' Out Burger, some had never been.

Well i had Spring Break a couple of weeks ago and I was fortunate enough to go to California. And I must say I had a blast. It is hard not to in California. The reason I went was because I have a friend that just recently moved out there to the LA area, and she wanted some help unpacking her house so she asked several of our group to go out to California and help as well as have a little fun.
On our way out we got stuck in the airport overnight... this was about 2 or 3 in the morning trying to pass time... note... aiport benches are not that comfortable!
It was lots of fun we met others out there that we knew from SVU and we had our own little clan of SVUites. WE also were able to go to the singles ward out there and participate in there temple night. four of the 8 of us that were out there went to the temple and did baptisms, it was such a great experience to be able to go to the temple again.(i haven't been that often since i moved to Virginia) We also went and visited Santa Barbara and Santa Monica piers and shops. While in Santa Monica we even saw a STAR! I didn't know it at the time but we did, it was sweets from Bones. And one of our clan may have even made it into a movie or TV show we don't know for sure... an actress came up to her and asked where a certain store was, and the camera was rolling. We also had a bonfine on the beach with the singles ward out there. Later on in the week we played beach volleyball, and ultimate Frisbee at night, it was all pretty much awesome! Oh and i kicked butt!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Too bad you couldn't make a stop in Utah...

    ReplyDelete